North Shore Appliance Repair is all about serving the consumer with the very best possible in the way of washer, dryer, dishwasher, refirgerator, oven or rang repair, whether it be a small adjustment or a major parts replacement and for most any brand,(see complate list below), we will always do our level best to provide a timely, reliable expert, guaranteed repair service that wil l solve your problem or request to your complete satisfaction!
Helpful Laundry Dryer Usage Tips
- Clean the dryer lint trap before each use.
- Depending on load size, place one to three dry towels in the dryer load to absorb moisture and speed up drying time.
- By shaking out clothes as they are removed from washer and placed in the clothes dryer, drying time and wrinkles will be reduced.
- A high washer spin or doubling spinning before placing the clothing in your dryer will reduce drying time and energy with a net savings far exceeding the extra washer use.
- Avoid placing towels in the dryer with permanent press.
- Try to dry like weight clothing with similar light weight items and likewise thick towels and other heavy things should be placed with similar heavy things.
- Avoid putting wet items in a partially finished load, drying them separately instead would be a better choice.
- Larger loads dry more economically but if the load is to large the advantage will reverse and also create lint. The rule of thumb should be, whatever we fit comfortably in your dryer will work best in the long run.
- Remove blankets from the clothes dryer before completely dry, then spreading them out over a bed or flat surface.
- Woolen items should only be dried for 10 or 15 minutes at the most and removed while they are still slightly damp, before very warm, and then hang up to thoroughly dry.
- Unload your dryer while clothes are slightly damp, especially if they are going to be hung up immediately.
- To Avoid wrinkling, hang or fold all clothes immediately after drying.
- If garments are wrinkled do to being over dried, toss a damp towel into the dryer until the wrinkles are gone.
- Try to dry clothes only a long as needed to dry them, drying beyond that point eventually will set wrinkles, cause shrinkage, increase static and shorten their life.
Economy and Efficiency Measures
- By disconnecting the dryer vent hose the dryer can serve as a supplemental heat source source in winter.
- Every week or two inspect the outside dryer vent to be sure that when the dryer is off the automatic flapper closes, if not replace the flapper-hood assembly to prevent unnecessary heat loss while the dryer is not running.
- Place your Dryer in a heated or at least insulated space so that it will not need to make as much energy on its own.
- Clean dryer lint screen or trap before each use to increase efficiency and reduce lint.
Call now, a representative has a General Electric Repair Chicago & Suburbs technician ready willing and able to provide repair service to you anywhere throughout Chicago & suburbs
Call For Fast Reliable Same Day Service (Live Representative Always on Duty)