North Shore Appliance Repair is all about serving the consumer with the very best possible in the way of washer, dryer, dishwasher, refirgerator, oven or rang repair, whether it be a small adjustment or a major parts replacement and for most any brand,(see complate list below), we will always do our level best to provide a timely, reliable expert, guaranteed repair service that wil l solve your problem or request to your complete satisfaction!
Helpful Laundry Dryer Usage Tips
- Clean the dryer lint trap before each use.
- Depending on load size, place one to three dry towels in the dryer load to absorb moisture and speed up drying time.
- By shaking out clothes as they are removed from washer and placed in the clothes dryer, drying time and wrinkles will be reduced.
- A high washer spin or doubling spinning before placing the clothing in your dryer will reduce drying time and energy with a net savings far exceeding the extra washer use.
- Avoid placing towels in the dryer with permanent press.
- Try to dry like weight clothing with similar light weight items and likewise thick towels and other heavy things should be placed with similar heavy things.
- Avoid putting wet items in a partially finished load, drying them separately instead would be a better choice.
- Larger loads dry more economically but if the load is to large the advantage will reverse and also create lint. The rule of thumb should be, whatever we fit comfortably in your dryer will work best in the long run.
- Remove blankets from the clothes dryer before completely dry, then spreading them out over a bed or flat surface.
- Woolen items should only be dried for 10 or 15 minutes at the most and removed while they are still slightly damp, before very warm, and then hang up to thoroughly dry.
- Unload your dryer while clothes are slightly damp, especially if they are going to be hung up immediately.
- To Avoid wrinkling, hang or fold all clothes immediately after drying.
- If garments are wrinkled do to being over dried, toss a damp towel into the dryer until the wrinkles are gone.
- Try to dry clothes only a long as needed to dry them, drying beyond that point eventually will set wrinkles, cause shrinkage, increase static and shorten their life.
Economy and Efficiency Measures
- By disconnecting the dryer vent hose the dryer can serve as a supplemental heat source source in winter.
- Every week or two inspect the outside dryer vent to be sure that when the dryer is off the automatic flapper closes, if not replace the flapper-hood assembly to prevent unnecessary heat loss while the dryer is not running.
- Place your Dryer in a heated or at least insulated space so that it will not need to make as much energy on its own.
- Clean dryer lint screen or trap before each use to increase efficiency and reduce lint.
About Kenmore dryers
There are various styles and models available in the Kenmore collection. Their diversity is so broad that it is difficult to locate a technician that is skilled on every facet of this collection. However, Northern Appliance and Repair has trained technicians who have the knowledge to successfully repair every type of Kenmore dryer that is on the market.
Kenmore’s most popular dryer models include:
- Super Capacity HE2 – This model has a Quiet Pak with a drying rack. It also has an auto dry that determines when the clothes are fully dry, thus saving energy.
- Elite HE 3 Steam – This dryer is similar to an HE5 unit, except it is smaller in size, which saves money during the initial purchase. Its features include a Quiet pack, Door windows, Check lint light, and cycle status lights which are convenient for its users.
- Elite HE5 Steam – This machine can be surpassed by no others. It has the capacity to dry clothes, wrinkle free, from small to extremely large loads. Its Steam care technology offers touch –up and refreshes cycles.
- Elite Oasis Canyon Capacity Gas – This unit is named”Canyon”, due to its extra roomy drying unit. It is said to be the largest dryer on the market. Its dual action drying system is a feature that is much desired. Other features include Gentle Heat, Wrinkle Guard, Quiet Pak, and Heated Dry Rack.
- Elite Oasis Super Capacity – This dryer displays the Turbo Dry and Even Heat technology that Kenmore is so known for. Its many features include damp signal light, Quiet Pak, cycle status light, drum light, among various others.
- King Size Capacity – This model can dry large rugs and comforters with ease. It also has a heated dryer rack, Wrinkle Guard, and the ability to shut off when the clothes are thoroughly dry.
According to a person’s needs regarding the capacity and/ or space that are needed, Kenmore offers Capacity Plus, Compact Stackable, Large Capacity, as well as Compact Portable Extra Capacity dryers The selection of Kenmore dryers is constructed to fit the desires and/ or wants of every person no matter what the situation entails.
When purchasing one of Kenmore’s exceptional drying machines, it is not too early to think of a reliable repair company, in the event that your dryer has problems North Shore Appliance Repair has trained and certified technicians who will keep your Kenmore dryer in excellent operating condition. So, remember to call North Shore Appliance Repair when your dryer needs a doctor!
Call now, a representative has a General Electric Repair Chicago & Suburbs technician ready willing and able to provide repair service to you anywhere throughout Chicago & suburbs
Call For Fast Reliable Same Day Service (Live Representative Always on Duty)