Helpful Laundry Dryer Usage Tips
- Clean the dryer lint trap before each use.
- Depending on load size, place one to three dry towels in the dryer load to absorb moisture and speed up drying time.
- By shaking out clothes as they are removed from washer and placed in the clothes dryer, drying time and wrinkles will be reduced.
- A high washer spin or doubling spinning before placing the clothing in your dryer will reduce drying time and energy with a net savings far exceeding the extra washer use.
- Avoid placing towels in the dryer with permanent press.
- Try to dry like weight clothing with similar light weight items and likewise thick towels and other heavy things should be placed with similar heavy things.
- Avoid putting wet items in a partially finished load, drying them separately instead would be a better choice.
- Larger loads dry more economically but if the load is to large the advantage will reverse and also create lint. The rule of thumb should be, whatever we fit comfortably in your dryer will work best in the long run.
- Remove blankets from the clothes dryer before completely dry, then spreading them out over a bed or flat surface.
- Woolen items should only be dried for 10 or 15 minutes at the most and removed while they are still slightly damp, before very warm, and then hang up to thoroughly dry.
- Unload your dryer while clothes are slightly damp, especially if they are going to be hung up immediately.
- To Avoid wrinkling, hang or fold all clothes immediately after drying.
- If garments are wrinkled do to being over dried, toss a damp towel into the dryer until the wrinkles are gone.
- Try to dry clothes only a long as needed to dry them, drying beyond that point eventually will set wrinkles, cause shrinkage, increase static and shorten their life.
Economy and Efficiency Measures
- By disconnecting the dryer vent hose the dryer can serve as a supplemental heat source source in winter.
- Every week or two inspect the outside dryer vent to be sure that when the dryer is off the automatic flapper closes, if not replace the flapper-hood assembly to prevent unnecessary heat loss while the dryer is not running.
- Place your Dryer in a heated or at least insulated space so that it will not need to make as much energy on its own.
- Clean dryer lint screen or trap before each use to increase efficiency and reduce lint.
About Maytag dryers
Maytag offers a huge selection of dryers and washer/dryer combinations. It might be pretty tough to find a bigger selection. These dryers range from approximately $430 -$1400. They mainly come in white but other colors are available and matching washers can be purchased. The higher priced models have options such as the heavy duty option and quick dry option. Other features that the more expensive models have include five different temperature settings, up to twelve different cycle variations, and a light that goes on when the lint filter needs to be cleaned.
Maytag gas dryers do cost more than their electric models and this is typical with most brands. The average price difference is about $130 more. Maytag gas dryers have the same features as the models that use electricity. Many people like the steam drying options that help remove wrinkles from clothes.
Caring for an appliance that makes life so much easier for you and your family is very important and is a big concern for many when making their decision on which dryer to invest in and who to call when it needs to be repaired. This is where Northern Refrigeration and Appliance Repair steps in. We are trained, skilled, and certified to repair various types of clothes dryer brands, including the Maytag units. Our talented technicians are prepared to tackle any problems related to these dryers. Whether it is a gas dryer or an electric dryer, Maytag clothes dryers are built to last yet they do have problems from time to time and when this happens, a reputable repair man is needed. Northern Refrigeration and Appliance Repair is equipped to successfully repair these units. It is our goal to provide you with top quality, prompt service at an affordable price.
Call now, a representative has a General Electric Repair Chicago & Suburbs technician ready willing and able to provide repair service to you anywhere throughout Chicago & suburbs
Call For Fast Reliable Same Day Service (Live Representative Always on Duty)